As an all volunteer organization with no dedicated playing surface support, one of our hardest struggles is maintaining our playing surfaces and equipment. It is imperative that as a coach or manager, you pride yourself in providing a safe playing experience, on a field that our children can be proud of as well. Dragging the fields in a slow and deliberate manner, keeping our base paths and batters boxes smooth and packed and keeping our pitching mounds built up properly with an adequate slope can be easy and enjoyable if we all pitch in. Constant maintenance by all makes it easier for everyone. Pitch in for the team and read our Coaches Handbook.
As an IWVYB approved Volunteer, I have agreed:
- To provide the highest quality service to IWVYB Members to the best of my ability.
- To provide my service to players of all abilities.
- To provide the most positive and rewarding experience experience possible.
- To NOT sacrifice a positive and rewarding experience for competition.
- To emphasize the fundamentals and rules of baseball.
- To emphasize Teamwork, Sportsmanship, Loyalty and Respect.
- To ensure that the Players, Parents, Volunteers and the Community recognize IWV Youth Baseball as a quality youth sports organization.
- To outwardly support the IWVYB Board of Directors in all decisions.
Quality Coaching Baseball - http://www.qcbaseball.com/
Basic Pitching Mechanics - Mom's Team Article
Pinkman Baseball Instructional Articles - Pinkman Baseball
Berkeley Baseball Youth Fundamentals - Berkeley Baseball Workbook